Click here to download poster…
Mana Pools National park is amongst the world’s greatest natural splendours and is one of Africa’s premier safari destinations. The wilderness, the freedom, the beauty, together with the incredible animals, birds and plants, all conspire to provide our visitors with unforgettable experience that will remain in their hearts forever.
The Mana Pools booklet is now out…download poster for more information.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position which has become vacant at Mushandike College of Wildlife Management which is 37 km from Masvingo town along Mashava Road.The incumbent will be reporting to the College Principal.
Duties of Position: shall include the following:-
- Organising knowledge and information in the library for access and retrieval through cataloguing, classification, and abstract narration and indexes periodicals,
- Maintaining and updating the library data base using procite software package,
- Ensuring that library collection is built according to the requirement in the policy,
- Removing obsolete materials from circulation to create room for new and relevant materials,
- Providing current information service through the use of reference sources in and outside the library,
- Ensuring that materials are loaned out properly to avoid theft, and that the correct record of loan is kept,
- Ensures security of information and library property
- Draft budgets for the college library.
The ideal incumbent should possess the following:-
- 5 ‘O’ levels including English Language,
- Higher National Diploma in Library and Information Science/Degree in Library Information Sciences or equivalent,
- At least two years relevant experience,
- Computer literacy, good leadership skills, high professional conduct and experience.
Interested candidates should submit their written applications including up to date CVs with certified copies of academic and professional certificates to:
Mushandike College of Wildlife Management
- Bag 9036
On or before the 31stof July, 2018.
The Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority seeks four innovative, vibrant interns to join the Information Technology team on a 1 year Internship programme. The primary role involves the following responsibilities:
- Development, implementation, support and customization of it systems and databases including information security
- System testing, user support and training
- Troubleshooting of network related issues nationwide and maintenance of hardware
- Work as a team member in the ICT contact and support centre
- Windows server administration
Qualifications & Attributes
The suitable candidates sought are recent graduates from reputable institutions with excellent communication and IT skills and a passion for learning and action.
The candidates should have:
- Honors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills/Public Relations, presentation skills
- Highly proficient in the use of computers
Interested candidates should submit their written applications together with detailed CVs and certified copies of academic and professional certificates to:
The Human Resources Manager & Chaplaincy
Parks and Wildlife Management Authority
P.O box CY 140
Or hand deliver to Head Office’s Registry Section on or before
Zimparks has recruited its own Wildlife Veterinary surgeon, a quite experience Dr Columbus Chaitezvi. He is not new to the Authority activities as he was always involved with us for the last 10 years also. He came to reinforce and complement the Umtsibi Capture Unit led by Mr Ray Makwehe. Here we can see them collaring and elephant bull in Mana Pools on the 26th of June 2018. The expertise is now from Parks Personnel only and the operation party funded by China Zimbabwe Wildlife Group. Zimparks has a vision of gradually and steadily capacitate its Veterinary and Capture Unit into a formidable force which will meet not only its needs but also the whole wildlife industry. Supporting laboratories are also expected to be opened.
The Pafuri-Sengwe inaugural Joint Park Managers Committee (JPMC) met on the 14thof June 2018 at Swimuwini Camp, Mabalauta, Gonarezhou National Park. The JPMC comprised of officials from Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbabwe. It is a combination of managers from Protected Areas and local communities’ representatives. The forum is an attempt by the GLTP Joint Management Board to facilitate interaction of the three GLTFCA partner countries at a local level. The JPMC is expected to become the conduit to joint operations and law enforcement, tourism and community development.
At this meeting, it was noted that the creation of an enabling policy environment is a key in implementing joint operations and unlocking tourism potential of the TFCA. It was also highlighted that the success of this forum rests on the official gazetting of a border crossing point between Zimbabwe and South Africa in the GLTFCA region.
from TFCA UNIT…
Two serial cyanide smugglers and a habitual poacher were nabbed last week by a crack-unit of game rangers from Zimparks aided by members of the police force. Through intelligence, the crack-unit first apprehended one of the country’s most wanted poachers followed by the cyanide smugglers within a period of two days.
Zimparks spokesperson Mr Tinashe Farawo confirmed the development.
“We raided them at Guruve Hotel in Mashonaland Central province, Daniel Chidawo and Meadow Kamuchenje (ages not given) were found in possession of 7kg of cyanide poison,” he said.
“Jabulani Ndengeza (age not given) was arrested early this year after being found in possession of 20kg of ivory,” he said.
Insert from Herald – Itai Mazire
VACANCY – RISK OFFICER (D3)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above challenging position.
Duties of the Position
The position which reports to the Internal Audit Manager and is based at Head Office requires a person with the following attributes:-
- University degree in Commerce and or Accounting, Auditing and Risk Management or Equivalent qualification,
- A Professional qualification such as CIS,ACCA,CIMA or CIS,
- Risk Management experience (minimum of three years) part of which include the ability to identify new risks facing the institution with significant management responsibilities,
- Experience in Strategic and Business Planning, rollout of a risk management methodology and
- Use of tools and techniques for the evaluation ,presentation and maintenance of strategic and operational risks workshops and interviews,
- Candidate must be matured and be able to handle highly confidential information,
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills,
- Proficiency in MS Office,
- Spearhead the Authority’s risk management function
- Manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk function including processes, tools and systems to identify ,assess, measure, monitor and report risks,
- Formulate standards ,design ,conducts , and coordinaterisk programmes,
- Participates in identification of potential risks to the organisation and advises management in order to safeguard company assets,
- Manages or conducts performance reviews ,operational ,financial, information technology and compliance audits,
- Prepares and monitors budgets for the Risk Department
- Any other duties as assigned by superior.
Interested candidates possessing the requisite specification are invited to submit their applications including up to date CVs to:
Human Resources Manager
Parks and Wildlife Management Authority
P O Box CY 140
Or hand deliver to Records Section on or before 22ndJune 2018
Click here to download vacancy advert
For our country and for our wildlife and fauna we need to #BeatPlasticPollution #WorldEnvironmentDay. Zimparks gardens will host World Environment Day commemorations