Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position which has become vacant at Mushandike College of Wildlife Management which is 37 km from Masvingo town along Mashava Road.The incumbent will be reporting to the College Principal.
Duties of Position: shall include the following:-
- Organising knowledge and information in the library for access and retrieval through cataloguing, classification, and abstract narration and indexes periodicals,
- Maintaining and updating the library data base using procite software package,
- Ensuring that library collection is built according to the requirement in the policy,
- Removing obsolete materials from circulation to create room for new and relevant materials,
- Providing current information service through the use of reference sources in and outside the library,
- Ensuring that materials are loaned out properly to avoid theft, and that the correct record of loan is kept,
- Ensures security of information and library property
- Draft budgets for the college library.
The ideal incumbent should possess the following:-
- 5 ‘O’ levels including English Language,
- Higher National Diploma in Library and Information Science/Degree in Library Information Sciences or equivalent,
- At least two years relevant experience,
- Computer literacy, good leadership skills, high professional conduct and experience.
Interested candidates should submit their written applications including up to date CVs with certified copies of academic and professional certificates to:
Mushandike College of Wildlife Management
- Bag 9036
On or before the 31stof July, 2018.
The Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority seeks four innovative, vibrant interns to join the Information Technology team on a 1 year Internship programme. The primary role involves the following responsibilities:
- Development, implementation, support and customization of it systems and databases including information security
- System testing, user support and training
- Troubleshooting of network related issues nationwide and maintenance of hardware
- Work as a team member in the ICT contact and support centre
- Windows server administration
Qualifications & Attributes
The suitable candidates sought are recent graduates from reputable institutions with excellent communication and IT skills and a passion for learning and action.
The candidates should have:
- Honors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills/Public Relations, presentation skills
- Highly proficient in the use of computers
Interested candidates should submit their written applications together with detailed CVs and certified copies of academic and professional certificates to:
The Human Resources Manager & Chaplaincy
Parks and Wildlife Management Authority
P.O box CY 140
Or hand deliver to Head Office’s Registry Section on or before
Zimparks has recruited its own Wildlife Veterinary surgeon, a quite experience Dr Columbus Chaitezvi. He is not new to the Authority activities as he was always involved with us for the last 10 years also. He came to reinforce and complement the Umtsibi Capture Unit led by Mr Ray Makwehe. Here we can see them collaring and elephant bull in Mana Pools on the 26th of June 2018. The expertise is now from Parks Personnel only and the operation party funded by China Zimbabwe Wildlife Group. Zimparks has a vision of gradually and steadily capacitate its Veterinary and Capture Unit into a formidable force which will meet not only its needs but also the whole wildlife industry. Supporting laboratories are also expected to be opened.