Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the above position which has become vacant at Mushandike College of Wildlife Management which is 37 km from Masvingo town along Mashava Road.The incumbent will be reporting to the College Principal.
Duties of Position: shall include the following:-
- Organising knowledge and information in the library for access and retrieval through cataloguing, classification, and abstract narration and indexes periodicals,
- Maintaining and updating the library data base using procite software package,
- Ensuring that library collection is built according to the requirement in the policy,
- Removing obsolete materials from circulation to create room for new and relevant materials,
- Providing current information service through the use of reference sources in and outside the library,
- Ensuring that materials are loaned out properly to avoid theft, and that the correct record of loan is kept,
- Ensures security of information and library property
- Draft budgets for the college library.
The ideal incumbent should possess the following:-
- 5 ‘O’ levels including English Language,
- Higher National Diploma in Library and Information Science/Degree in Library Information Sciences or equivalent,
- At least two years relevant experience,
- Computer literacy, good leadership skills, high professional conduct and experience.
Interested candidates should submit their written applications including up to date CVs with certified copies of academic and professional certificates to:
Mushandike College of Wildlife Management
- Bag 9036
On or before the 31stof July, 2018.