Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above position in the ICT Department at Head Office. The incumbent will report to the ICT Services Manager.
- Develop and implement mechanisms to curb cybercrime and increase cybersecurity in order to build confidence and trust in the secure use of Information and Communication Technology.
- Implement the organisation’s ICT Cybersecurity policy and to encourage technological development and the lawful use of ICT in Zimparks.
- Create an in-house hardware maintenance workshop that will maintain computers, printers and other ICT infrastructure.
- Working closely with service providers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction for all computer systems used within the Authority.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade hardware interfaces with the operating system. Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking and systems development to ensure connectivity, integration and compatibility between systems.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Attend to user problems.
- Ensure that users adhere to the ICT policy and procedures manual.
- Prepare monthly reports on the status of hardware, and the security of all Information Resources within the Zimparks estate.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum qualification of a Diploma in Information Systems or Computer science is required and a degree will be an added advantage.
- A recognised professional qualification in cybersecurity or equivalent will also be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ technical hands on experience is required
- Knowledge of firewall technology and security software is essential
Interested candidates should submit their written applications together with detailed CVs to:
The Human Resources Manager
Parks and Wildlife Management Authority
P.O box CY 140
Or email email@example.com
Or hand deliver to Head Office’s Registry Section
On or before the 28thof February, 2019.